Join Advize Health’s Director of Litigation, FWA Support in an interactive session on home visit and podiatry fraud schemes. This session, available to AAPC members local to the Manhattan NY chapter will have the opportunity to earn 2 AAPC approved CEUs with content delivered by a retired OIG Special Agent.
The session will:
- Review the historical and current CMS requirements for the billing and coding of home visits (CPT codes in the 993__ range).
- Address current changes in documentation requirements
- Go over several case examples of instances where providers ran afoul of the law by billing these codes fraudulently
- Discuss common podiatry CPT codes, edits that exist to prevent incorrect coding, CMS guidelines for proper coding
- Examine case examples where providers were charged with fraud for manipulation of the codes to maximize reimbursement improperly.
Pre-payment is required for attendance at this event. Checks can be made payable to Advize Health, LLC. $55 for each night and will be accepted at the door.