- This event has passed.
Advize Health’s Transgender Coding Webinar
March 28, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pmFree
More than 1.5M US adults identify as transgender, and they’re all in need of healthcare. As a medical coder and auditor you need to know what you’re documenting or reviewing, for the sake of the patients and your career. Join Advize Health and Grassi Healthcare Advisors for an exclusive webinar on behavioral and physical health coding for transgender patients.
- Understand terms and codes commonly associated with transgender and transitioning patients
- Explore common denials and other issues with insurance companies
- Cover gender-specific services
- Review the transition process from a holistic, top-to-bottom perspective that explores the behavioral and medical requirements of gender reassignment
- Review a case study performed on a facility with a high volume of transgender patients, explore opportunities for fraud, medical necessity, and more
*This webinar will not award AAPC or AHIMA CEUs.