Late last week the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater, Florida opened its doors to executive level business professionals for the 2016 Open Minds Performance Management. This two day event offered attendees a unique experience with a curriculum tailor-made for executives and leaders in the healthcare landscape.
The event focused heavily on market trends, strategy, and best practice management as facilitators of success – and offered C-Suite executives new perspective on how to optimize these concepts in order to turn them into tools for success. Open Minds Performance encourages executives to measure outcomes and results, while clearly defining goals in order to become a formidable contender in the industry.
Advize Health was lucky enough to be among the attendees, and we’ve put together a list of highlights.
Our favorite moments from The 2016 Open Minds Performance Management Institute are:
- Kerry McDonald’s session, “Moving a Capitated System from Implementation to Operation: A Town Hall Discussion”, which emphasized the relationship between engagement and outcome.
- Ravi Ganesan and Sharon Hicks’ presentation on Why Healthcare Is Not Like Google or Amazon: The Challenges of Fitting Ideal Data Models into the Real World.
- The free WiFi, thanks to AAAHC!
- The great networking opportunities during lunch breaks.
- The discussion on value-based care with Carole Maytis.
- Dr. Carol Clayton’s memorable quote: “Your EHR is your foundation, but you’re going to need other tools.” Words of wisdom for all providers. This directly impacts firms like ours.
- David C. Guth’s Keynote Address on mergers and acquisitions.
- The breakout session on developing contracts and proposals during the transition away from fee-for-services systems.
- The interactions between attendees on Twitter, all using the hashtag #OMPerformance to open lines of communication amongst executives.
- The fun Raffle Prize announcements.
We had a great time at the event this year, and can’t wait for more opportunities to engage with Open Minds Performance!