Although the transition to ICD-10 has been difficult, due to the large amount of codes that have been added with the implementation, coders are beginning to see how beneficial this transition will be in the future.
Now that ICD-10 has officially been implemented for 10 business days, our Advize Health coders and friends of Advize Health from multispecialty practices have identified their top 10 favorite ICD-10 codes.
We wish we had a funny Top-10 to deliver in the true late night TV fashion but instead we will deliver the following list with a few funny pictures at the end.
- E78.5 Hyperlipidemia, unspecified
- I10 Hypertension
- Z00.00 Encounter for general adult medical examination without abnormal findings
- E11.9 Type 2 diabetes mellitus without complications
- E03.9 Hypothyroidism, unspecified
- Z79.899 Other long term (current) drug therapy
- M05.49 Rheumatoid myopathy with rheumatoid arthritis of multiple sites
- I48.91 Unspecified atrial fibrillation
- I25.10 Atherosclerotic heart disease of native coronary artery without angina pectoris
- D64.9 Anemia, unspecified
If you have a favorite code that was not listed, please let us know firstname.lastname@example.org.