The care was ordinary. A hospital in Modesto, California, treated a 30-year-old man for shoulder and back pain after a car accident. He went home in less than three hours. The bill was extraordinary. Sutter Health Memorial Medical Center charged $44,914 including an $8,928 “trauma alert” fee, billed for summoning the hospital’s top surgical specialists…
Do you have questions? We have answers. Speak with a Advize Health representative now, free, with no obligation at 813-400-1119, or...Leave us a message »
- A Chilling Cure: Facing Killer Heat, ERs Use Body Bags to Save Lives
- California Makes It Easier for Low-Income Residents to Get and Keep Free Health Coverage
- Covid Delta Variant Thrives in a State of Political and Public Health Discord
- Senate Democrats’ Plan Boosts Spending on Medicare, ACA Subsidies, Long-Term Care
- Government Oversight of Covid Air Cleaners Leaves Gaping Holes
- Hospital ‘Trauma Centers’ Charge Enormous Fees to Treat Minor Injuries and Send People Home
- Effort to Decipher Hospital Prices Yields Key Finding: Don’t Try It at Home
- HIPAA & Human Error
- Is It Really an Intended Loss If Everyone Knows You Aren’t Getting It?
- Do People with Less Coverage Shop More?