Medical Record Review and Education
Although physicians rightfully focus on providing excellent patient care, preventable medical documentation errors occur alarmingly frequently. These errors and omissions can put hospitals and physicians at risk for payment denials or even accusations of fraud and abuse.
Coding and billing staffs should be provided with training to improve understanding of areas that are vulnerable to fraud. Advize Health offers tailored trainings for medical reviewing, including eLearning programs, interactive webinars, and on-site education sessions.
For more than a decade, Advize Health has taken this proactive approach to help physicians improve the overall quality of claims and to ensure consistency in their billing. Our easy solution for medical record reviewing has helped more than 5,000 physicians reduce documentation deficiencies and implement effective coding according to established CMS and AMA standards and guidelines. The physician medical record review results appear in easy-to-read audit trails and may be reviewed with the Advize Health team at any time.
Our consulting services include:
- Pre- and post-Electronic Medical Record (EMR) implementation reviews
- Due diligence coding and documentation reviews (joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions)
- Provider and support staff education
- General coding and documentation training, including ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding
- Post audit one-on-one training for providers and coders
Medical Record Review Service
Our experienced medical coding professionals help healthcare providers keep pace with the continuous medical coding and reimbursement methodology changes. Many healthcare organizations have hired Advize Health to drive coding accuracy and superior training in the following areas:
- Family Practice
- Nephrology, Endocrinology, Neurology
- Radiology, Oncology, Orthopedic, Cardiology
- Critical Care, Interventional Cardiology
- Plastic Surgery, Pulmonology
- Obstetrics, Gynecology
- Emergency, Hospitalists
- General Surgery, Internal Medicine