The National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association (NHCAA) was founded in 1985 by several private health insurers and federal and state government officials and is known for being a leading national organization focused exclusively on the fight against health care fraud.
Every year the Annual Training Conference (ATC) is held to share “information on best practices to detect, investigate, prosecute, and prevent fraud, waste and abuse.”
The ATC will be health this year at the Hyatt Regency in Orlando on I-Drive. This is a little less than two miles from the previous Orlando location Rosen Shingle Creek. It is an easy walking area and directly across the street from the Convention Center, where HIMSS is held more than not. Some good places to walk from the conference:
Come out of the hotel and break right, you will find all the good options for eating, drinking and being merry.
- Have you met Billy Joel in The Hamptons? Neither have I but of course I wish I did. Did you know he was born in the BX but grew up on Long Island? Yes, Charlie and I are from Long Island and you might be able to spot us next week for happy hour at The Hampton Social. Perhaps we will treat you to a bottle of red or a bottle of white.
- Beyond happy hour, the show to see is at Taverna Opa and everyone in Orlando knows that the show isn’t over until the ouzo runs out . The food is great but the show is the highlight. It is a fun way to go to Greece without leaving Orlando.
- I cannot say the name of this next restaurant without thinking of this image:
when fredo says “You might try some of the local drinks. Cuba Libre, Piña Colada…” our Orlando restaurant Cuba Libre has been one of my favorites for appetizers for years. I love their tostones and yuca fries.
- If you last minute want to buy a diamond or a watch, I know it isn’t like Vegas where you feel like high-end jewelry after shooting winning craps but just in case, friends of ours have a beautiful store, THAROO&CO.
- Blue Martini – if you haven’t been to a party here, you have not been to HIMSS properly and that is all I have to say about that.
- Finally a local favorite spot which is a bit of a walk but worth it and it goes super fast and is safe. Café Tu Tu Tango fun art, awesome tapas and totally the right place for live entertainment and something unique in Orlando (which is not that easy to find).
Come down, fly to me and if you have any questions while you are here, please send me an email.
See you soon!